Ages: 3 – 4 years
The Peace and Unity Class provides a safe and nurturing environment that promotes physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual development of the child. In our interactions with each child, we use a developmental approach, which is both age and individually appropriate.
Our classroom is divided into several interest area explorations, within which the material and manipulatives are frequently rotated to provide variety and new challenges for the children.
A typical day in the Peace and Unity Class consists of the following:
- Meeting Time (schedule, calendar, singing, show and tell, group discussion, classroom helper, books/stories, etc.)
- Free play in centers (blocks, dramatic play, play dough, puzzles/games, math, manipulatives, art, etc.)
- Outdoor play (sand and water play, swings, jungle gym, bicycles, sensory experiences, etc.)
- Meal time (practice table manners, engage in conversation, set the table, etc.)
- Specials (art, music, gym, woodworking, library, swimming, soccer, Thai language and culture, etc.).
The program is 5 days a week from 8:00am to 12:30pm with the option of extended hours. Each class has one head teacher, one co-teacher and a shared nanny.
Programme of Inquiry
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
Central Idea: Relationships enrich our lives and require nurturing to develop
Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Express Ourselves
Central Idea: Stories can support our thinking and challenge our views
Transdisciplinary Theme: How the World Works
Central Idea: Understanding materials determines how people use them
Tools and Machines
Transdisciplinary Theme: Sharing the Planet
Central Idea: People use tools and machines to help them with their work