Ages: 2 – 3 years
In the Joy and Confidence class, emphasis is placed on a developmental approach, where we strive to meet the needs of each child as a unique, individual learner.
Children come to this class with a wide variation of skills and attributes and this will be respected as we encourage them to learn, grow and develop.
Some areas of focus are:
- gross motor development (running, climbing, swinging, biking, etc.)
- fine motor development (holding a marker correctly, building a tower, threading, etc.)
- music (daily singing sessions, action songs, finger plays, etc.)
- visual arts (clay, playdough, collage, cornflour, etc.)
- social development (sharing, taking turns, problem-solving, building relationships, etc.)
Children may enroll 3 or 5 days a week from 8:00am to 12:30pm with the option of After School Clubs in the second semester. Each class has one head teacher, one co-teacher and one nanny.
Programme of Inquiry:
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
Central Idea: Personal interests and experiences impact our learning.
Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Express Ourselves
Central Idea: Communication provides opportunities for us to interact with people
Transdisciplinary Theme: How the World Works
Central Idea: Exploring the earth’s natural resources helps us to understand our environment